How We Give Back
Every month, Texas Star Propane accepts nominations for someone in need in our local community. One family is selected to receive 100 free gallons of propane.
- Email email@example.com to nominate someone in need (must be on propane)
- Nominations reviewed and a winner is selected every month
Our very first winners for May 2017:
- In honor of Memorial Day, we selected a couple who proudly served in the military and are currently struggling in our community. From their anonymous nomination: "Denise and Shawn Brehm are both Desert Storm Veterans and have had a sad run of bad luck since April 2016. In April and May, their home was impacted by flooding. Water came into the house but not to a level to leave obvious signs of damage. They thought they were okay until both started getting sick. A mold test revealed the reason for the illnesses. Shawn's illness was so bad he was hospitalized for four months and is currently on dialysis. Denise, while working on the home, passed out and fell, breaking her nose. Her church has been helping with repairs, as flood insurance and FEMA have both denied their flood claim. They are in the process of retaining an attorney to continue the fight. They have used most of their savings to renovate the garage and are currently living in it until their home can be repaired and they can move back in." This couple is so deserving of any help they can get and we are so proud to do what we can to give back. To the Brehms: THANK YOU for your service to our country and we hope this small token of our appreciation relieves some of the pain and troubles you're currently facing.
We are proud to announce that Texas Star Propane is now a sponsor of the Lone Survivor Foundation!
- A portion of our sales will go to the foundation in an effort to help provide our wounded service members, their spouses, children and care partners through health, wellness and therapeutic support.
- We will have two of these beautiful trucks on the road to show our support and raise awareness. Please be sure to wave when you see the trucks on the road and don't forget to thank a veteran or currently serving military for their service.
- For more information on the foundation, check out their page and website at Lone Survivor Foundation.